Skip to main content

Wallflower of the Month: Kristina

The Wallflower


Amnesia
Starry Sky
Uta Prince No Sama

For years, I've always thought of how should we call ourselves as reverse harem fans. I think I found the perfect stan name and it was right under our 'nose' all this time. WALLFLOWERS! I got the idea while coming up with tiers for Patreon. But months before I came up with Wallflower of the Month reward, I was in touch with Kristina who was checking with the reverse harem shows she's trying to cosplay and complete before she turns 40. It never crossed my mind that someone would cosplay all the reverse harem shows and I just think it's so cool! So I asked her if I can feature her after she has completed her reverse harem cosplay quest. By the way, she excluded reverse harem which are in OVA formats only. And now here goes to our very first Wallflower of the Month!  Check out the interview and her cosplay photos below.






Nil Admirari 

Tell me something about yourself: name, age, occupation, anything

Hello my name is Kristina and I just turned 40 years old. I have a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science and I work in Medical Education for a major healthcare system in Metro-Detroit Michigan. I like to watch anime, read, sew, and have 2 cats.

Kamisam Kiss

What got you into cosplaying reverse harem? When did you start and how many reverse harem themed cosplay have you done so far?

I started cosplaying in 2015. My first Reverse Harem Cosplay was Nanami from Kamisama Kiss. Since June of 2015 I have cosplayed 47 unique characters (3 of them multiple versions) from 37 Reverse Harem Anime. O.O

How do you choose your character for each reverse harem anime?

I tend to pick the character that matches my mood at the time. How sometimes I end up with the Heroine or the serious boy or my usual favorite the hentai. Sometimes they are my favorite character in the series and sometimes they are characters I feel are most suited for me to cosplay. Other times I get it completely wrong on all counts and wind up cosplaying multiple characters from the same series. XD And if all else fails I pick whichever character Hikaru Midorikawa voices. He is my favorite Seiyuu so if I can’t pick a character I cosplay his. 😉

Diabolik Lovers

Who is/are your favorite character/s that you cosplayed?

My favorite fandom is Diabolik Lovers. Kou was my first cross-play at a Convention and he was my “boy” since I myself am pretty tsundere I feel like I “get” him. I cosplayed him before the second season of the anime debuted in America so NO ONE except diafam (Diabolik Lovers Family) knew who I was and I had A LOT of fun with him. I think this is why I keep playing him. I now have 4 of his outfits. He is just a lot of fun to play. Always Idol boys!

How do you prepare/make for your cosplay outfit, accessories, makeup, hair/wig etc.?

Most of my Reverse Harem Cosplay costumes I have not made. They start from the simplest purchase version I can find then I build them up. I make the accessories, sew on lots of details, style all the wigs, and add props. It takes a lot of time to get a cosplay fully ready to wear. Even Kou who I wear often has a lot of things that go with him and his wig always needs styling. Makeup is at least an hour to put on. So some take me a few hours or a day to get ready and others take months to pull together. It just depends on how many details they need and how much I want to work on them. ❤

Diabolik Lovers
Saiunkoku Monogatari


Who is/are the most difficult to prepare or to cosplay?

The most difficult to wear Reverse Harem Cosplay I have is Beatrix from Diabolik Lovers. She is a full ball gown and a very top heavy bun wig. Bun and ponytail wigs often give me headaches so I can only wear her a short time before needing to change. Ryuuki from Sauiunkoku Monogatari is also hard to wear. His crown was a lot of work to build and it hates the wind (we found that out at the photoshoot).

How was the journey like?

I would never have been able to do all these cosplay without the help of very key people along the way. My cosplay family supports me and I love my photographers (especially bless Christine for not only taking the photos but making sure I get dressed properly and getting me into locations I would never have been able to get to without her).

Diabolik Lovers

Tell me your most memorable cosplay experience?

In August of 2016 we had the largest North American meet-up of Diabolik Lovers ever assembled at Otakon in Baltimore Maryland. All 18 characters were represented and it was SO MUCH FUN! I have to applaud the patience of Dani (one of the primary people who convinced me to cosplay) to take 2 years in organizing the event and getting us all together for some epic shenanigans.

What questions/reaction do you get for cosplaying reverse harem characters?

I present a panel on Reverse Harem Anime’s so I am blessed to find other nerds like me who love this genre. I don’t often wear the RH Cosplays at a Convention unless we are going to do a group because alone just isn’t as much fun as being with a group all vying for that Heroine!

What are the struggles that you encountered? And how did you overcome it?

My biggest struggles are my own self-doubts. I know I am old to cosplay these characters. I have been told I am too old, fat, and ugly to cosplay. It has had me put cosplays away I will not wear again. It has also helped me want to get better. To improve my make-up, improve my sewing, and to always surround myself with people who understand cosplay for what it is. It is meant to be fun!

Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie 

What are the perks or positive outcome that you got for cosplaying reverse harem characters?

I have met some of the most amazing people because of cosplaying the characters I cosplay. I have an entire family who cosplay from multiple series and it is wonderful to see them grow and discover new Reverse Harems and share them with me. I am blessed for all the friendships I have made.

What is your advice to people who want to do cosplay?

I would advise people that it is a hobby that can be stressful and frustrating but to always do it because you want to. Don’t allow other people to destroy it for you. If you want to cosplay a character and you can’t sew look in your closet see what you can put together. If you can’t afford a wig see if you can style your hair like the character. It doesn’t have to be perfect to be fun. I get lost in the details a lot and I know I need to take my own advice and have more fun with it and worry less about if my contacts are the right color or if my wig is perfectly styled. Just have fun. ❤

What are your future projects or plans?

I want to cosplay Zach from Angels of Death so I have his materials waiting for sewing. I mostly want to get good enough at sewing that I can do more projects for other people. I am sewing Violet Evergarden for a friend at the moment and I am learning a ton sewing for someone else. It really is a lot different than how I sew for myself. 

Fushigi Yugi

How did you discover reverse harem?

Fushigi Yuugi was my first Reverse Harem anime. I was in high school (1996) and I watched it on my computer with dial up internet. I then read the manga and was hooked on the concept of a Heroine surrounded by her harem. Since then I have watched and read as many as I can (I also play most Otome’s that are translated into English).

What are your favorite reverse harem titles (animes, mangas, otome games, dramas , books?)

Favorite Fandom: Diabolik Lovers
Favorite Anime: Hakuouki
Favorite Manga: Alice in the Country of…..series
Favorite Games/Otomes: Dandelion and Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
Favorite Drama: Boys over Flowers (Live action)
Favorite Books: I find in the west most Reverse Harems are found in books and there are some really great book series for lovers of the genre usually including some form of supernatural like vampires, demons, etc I reference Laurell K. Hamilton, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris, JR Ward….many many more. 

What are your favorite non-reverse harem titles (animes, mangas, games, dramas , books?)

My favorite non-Reverse harem titles:
Animes: Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi, Still World is Beautiful, and Owari no Seraph
Mangas: Water Dragon Bride and Demon Prince of Momichi House
Games: Fable (1,2,3), Cathedral, and my favorite card game is Euchre
Dramas: The Tudors, Game of Thrones, and Star Trek
Books: The Hobbit, The Great Gatsby, and Waterlily (by Ella Deloria)

=======================================================================

Thanks Kristin for sharing with us your beautiful pictures and inspiring story. I'm so amazed by your craftsmanship, dedication, confidence and your positivity. It's contagious! :) We look forward to more cosplays from you especially with more new shows coming up. You can also follow her on Instagram, RH + Cosplay. Check out the rest of her reverse harem cosplays below.

From here on out, we are now Reverse Harem Garden Wallflowers~ Not in a literal sense but as an ode to shy but beautiful wallflower Sunako and the flower boys in the forbidden garden.

La Corda d'Oro

Neo Angelique

Code Realize
Snow White with the Red Hair




Ouran High School Host Club
Norn 9

B-Project
Angelique
Kiss Him, Not Me 
Kamigami no Asobi
Haru Toki




Hana Yori Dango


Arcana Famiglia


Dame x Prince
Fruits Basket
Akatsuki no Yona
Hakuouki


Akatsuki no Yona
Hakuouki


Hiiro no Kakera
Sengoku Night Blood


Pretear


Amnesia
Amnesia
Yumeiro Patissierie
Cheeky Angel


Dance with Devil

Kamisama Kiss
Magic Kyun Renaissance
Brothers Conflict
Kenko Bancho Otome

Uta Prince no Sama


Support Reverse Harem Garden on Patreon and Facebook or follow me on Twitter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Harem Anime 2024 and TBA

  Here are the reverse harem anime for 2024 and TBA. Some may not be full-blown reverse harem, while others are not confirmed. Please subscribe! 

Manga Review: I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway! Vol. 2

I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway! Vol. 2 (Akuyaku Reijou Desu ga, Kouyaku Taishou no Yousu ga Ijou Sugiru) Manga by: Ataka Light novel: by Sou Inaida Art by: Hachipsu Wen All Mystia wants is to avoid death in the otome game she is reincarnated in and to keep her family and servants safe. However, the guys seem to have bugs and are either raising or missing events on their own. Disclaimer A review copy was provided by Netgalley. Check out the first volume review . In the first volume, Mystia meets two of Kyun Kyun Love's suitors, Raid and Eric. In this sequel, we get to see how she meets Jesse, the teacher. For the fourth guy, Robert, it is more of pleasantries. The nicknames in the first volume are still not crystal clear to me. The sparkling prince. The cool tsundere. The gaudy guy. The yakuza teacher.  I managed to get the first two mixed up while the other two have yet to unfold their said attributes. The competitiveness between E

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2024 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hello wallflowers! Let me reintroduce myself, my name is Iris! Starting today, I'm going to use my real life nickname more often than my online username, "ayreesa". Iris or Ayame in Japanese is also a popular flower in Japan which goes perfectly with the garden theme of the blog, aight?  Vampire Dormitory is also a spring anime but it's on the other list under Patreon. To access it, follow Reverse Harem Garden on your preferred socials. Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and Youtube . I've got you covered! There are a lot more anime and dramas that are not confirmed for exact airing dates. I'll update this again once we have more information.  And a few disclaimers: Some are not full-blown reverse harem. See  Levels of Reverse Harem .  Those that are not yet reviewed are considered unconfirmed reverse harem.  Dates are subject to changes and videos may not be available in all countries.  As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. UPDATES: 3/6/2

Anime Review: Kiskis! My Boyfriends are Mint Candies!

Kiskis! My Boyfriend are Mint Candies!- 4 episodes Tang Tang meet guys who each represent a flavor of mint candies. It has a catchy, cute opening. At first there's a different feel on it which I can't pinpoint. And then I realized that they are talking in Chinese! This is my first completed Chinese animation. Well since it was way too easy to finish it. It's 5-minute ONA for 4 episodes. I think this premiered last June 4. But the first Chinese animation I watched is still currently airing (unconfirmed reverse harem), Phantom in the Twilight, which is a collaboration between Japan and China. Oh back to back Chinese reviews after The Flame's Daughter. Is China going to be booming with reverse harem now?

Reverse Harem Anime 2023, 2024 and TBA

    Here is the updated reverse harem list for 2023, 2024, and TBA. Almost all the rumored and TBA have been definitely confirmed except for one (hint: it's an otome game) which hopefully gets animated sooner. What are your favorites? Don't forget to subscribe on Reverse Harem Garden's Youtube channel. It would really mean a lot. Thank you!  Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned:   (a s an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases ): Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on:  Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  If you enjoyed this post please consider buying  Kofi .  Shares and whitelisting of the site are also appreciated. :)

Freshest News: Hana Kimi anime rumor, Ghost Reaper Girl on hiatus again, and new webtoons (Trump Cards, I Created a Harem by Accident! and An Extra Stole the Male Leads)

  Hana Kimi is rumored to be getting an anime adaptation. However, the original tweet by MangaMoguraRe has been deleted and no other site has mentioned about the domain registration. Source: Shoujocrave  (Falls under two flowers on Levels of Reverse Harem ) Hisaya Nakajo passed away last year .  Ghost Reaper Girl manga will enter hiatus again due to the mangaka's health. The series resumed last October 31 after being on hiatus since May 2022. Source: ANN  (not a confirmed rh, but some people label it as rh) Trump Cards on Tappytoon | Release Date: March 8, 2024 (Not tagged as reverse harem but found this video describing it as romance)   Se-ryeong Moon is a bright high schooler who frequently combats boredom with made-up scenarios about the world around her. Thus, she is completely indifferent to the gossip and affairs of her classroom. After a particularly rowdy day at school, Se-ryeong visits a teacher’s house where she discovers a pack of special cards and learns that only she c

Freshest News: Dare ga Watashi to Koi wo Shita? PV and release date, Yona of the Dawn musical, Twilight animated series, and new Tapas titles

The official site of Dare ga Watashi to Koi wo Shita? has released the main key visual and promotional video. The jdrama will premiere on April 9. Source: darekoi_tbs Summary from Asianwiki: As a 24 year old woman, Ogata Makoto doesn't like to show her true self or draw attention to herself in her private life or when she is at work. This is because she doesn't want to be disliked. One night, Ogata Makoto has an accident. The accident causes her to lose memory about herself. She finds a male ring in her bag, but she doesn't remember who she was going to give the ring to. Soon, three men appear in front of Ogata Makoto and the ring fits perfectly on all three of the men. One of them proclaims himself as her ex-lover, one man claims to be her only male friend, and the other man claims to be her man of fate. Each of them have their own lies. Yona of the Dawn manga gets a new musical stageplay which will run in Tokyo in July. Source: ANN Twilight manga cover not anime visual Li

Manga Review: Monster and Parent Vol. 2

Monster and Parent Vol. 2   manga story and art by: Ichi Sayo Saika is adjusting to her new life with her family, friends, and godling. But the threat of godeaters looms and an incident causes her godling, Squeak, to be unhappy with her. Disclaimer: A review copy was provided by the publisher.  Check out the first volume review .   This volume focuses on Saika's relationships and we gradually see the brothers' character development. The two older brothers Kazuomi and Izumi are still my favorites but I'm leaning toward the oldest. He just cracks me up! But I'm also concerned with where the path of the youngest brother, Aki is going.  I like the premise of Monster and Parent but I still need to be blown away with the story. I'm hoping it happens in the succeeding volumes. The godeaters deal is still vague and they are wishy-washy in handling it but it was addressed near the end. I want to see more of the other godlings and their interaction with each other or with the

🌲Winter Reverse Harem 2024 🌲 (reverse harem anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons, light novels and more!)

Apologies for the late post! The holiday rush is real! You can bookmark this page for easy reference as this will be continuously updated. There's a new 2024 list as well on the Forbidden Garden version.  And a few important disclaimers:  Some are not full-blown reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem .  Those that are not yet reviewed are considered unconfirmed reverse harem.  Dates are subject to changes and videos may not be available in all countries.  As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. And now behold the winter reverse harem 2024 lineup!   UPDATES 12/16/2023- Added Doctor Elise anime 1/6/2024- Added Villains are Destined to Die Season 4, The Contracted Grand Duchess,  The Esteemed Lady of the Tea Garden and My Favorite Novel Has a Weird Epilogue webtoons 3/6/2024- Added Celebrity Danshi wa Te ni Oemasen jdrama, My Man is Cupid kdrama, The World of Dating manhwa,  One Too Many Supporting Male Lead,  Fighting For Love cdrama,  Lia's Bad Ending m

Freshest News: Thank You, Next on Netflix, From Two-Bit Baddie to Total Heartthrob: This Villainess Will Cross-Dress to Impress! on J-novel, Maid To Love or Die on Tapas and more!

  The Turkish series, "Thank You, Next" will premiere on May 9, 2024 on Netflix. (Age rating not yet confirmed) After a painful breakup, a young lawyer dives head first into the confusing world of modern dating, with the unwavering support of her best friends. J-novel has licensed From Two-Bit Baddie to Total Heartthrob: This Villainess Will Cross-Dress to Impress! light novel. The release date is on July 26, 2024, but the first four parts are now available on J-novel.   The world just isn’t fair and Elizabeth Burton knows that better than anyone. Reincarnated into an otome game as a two-bit villainess, she’s been doomed by the genre’s tropes to a life of misery. What’s a girl to do… but cross-dress her way into the main character’s heart and a guaranteed happy ending of course! After years of blood, sweat, and tears fashioning herself into the perfect heartthrob, all she has to do is wait for the fated first meeting with the main character… or so she thought! As it turns out