Skip to main content

Year 2015 in Review

                         

It's already 2016.  I didn't finish this post yesterday and I accidentally deleted the draft post and I had to redo it. But as they say, better late than never! Let's take a look with what happened last year with the trends and highlights of the year.

The year 2014 was an explosion of stageplay adaptations and it continues with 2015 with more plays joining the bandwagon from Akatuski no Yona, La Corda d'Oro, Hana Yori Dango, Dance with Devils and Diabolik Lovers. And one is just not enough as we get second stage adaptations from Heart no Kuni no Alice and Kamisama Hajimemashita. Meanwhile, Fushigi Yugi and Hakuouki added two more additional stage play versions on its belt.

Last year, the it word was 'multimedia' projects which consists of multiple projects of anime/manga/game/drama cd/stage play etc. with the likes of Dance with Devils and still unconfirmed reverse harem, Idolish 7, Kirimi and Ensemble Cast. Let's hope they are reverse harem too. 

There's also a new trend in Korea of boy bands and web dramas with Dream Knight, To Be Continued and Exo Next Door. But I have not yet watched the latter two. 

In otomes, there were also English versions of the games Code: Realize, Norn 9 and Amnesia. Meanwhile, Quinrose announced its closure due to bankruptcy.

In shoujo mangas, three of the classic reverse harem mangas all received sequels with Fushigi Yugi Byakko Ibun, Hana Yori Dango Season 2 and Fruits Basket another. There's also an increase with shoujo manga adaptations for last year with Strobe Edge live action movie, Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2, Akagami Shirayuki-Hime and From 5 to 9 drama. 

The year was also marked with OVAs and sequels, particularly Kamisama Hajimemashita second season, Uta Prince no Sama Revolution and Diabolik Lovers, More Blood. Hakuouki proves to be the most prolific with two plays, drama, live action movie and chibi anime spinoff. And that's not including the otome games. I've also remembered wishing earlier this year for a SSL spinoff and it did came true!

I've also realized that two of the popular authors in contemporary young adult genres unknowingly published reverse harem novels and at the same month too. That's Keira Cass' The Heir and Jenny Han's P.S. I Still Love You,

Last year, we also learned of two couples who met through reverse harem projects. Horikita Maki marries Yamamoto Kaji who she first worked in Atashinchi no Danchi. Fujigaya Taisuke and Takimoto Miori have also been reportedly dating since they met in jdrama's, Ikemen no Desu.  

My favorite anime for the year is Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2. It should have been Akatuski no Yona but it started airing 2014. Take note, I have not seen Dance with Devils and Meiji Tokyo Renka. I'm almost current with the animes but I have to pass with dramas as I have only seen Strobe Edge and Dream Knight. Good luck with me if I can watch Hana Moyu with its fifty episodes. For books, the only two new books that I've read are The Heir and The Boyfriend List Quartet. The rest are sequels to books which I've already reviewed before. And so far I have yet to read a book that will surpass or match The Ghost Bird series. For mangas, I've prioritized completed mangas and out of the five measly mangas I've read, my favorite is Savage Garden. I also got my first reverse harem book signed by E. Lockheart. Sadly, I missed Keira Cass' booksigning as I was heavily pregnant at that time. 

There you go and it's a new year again and with so many upcoming projects to look forward to! I know I have made a promises in the past that's really hard to live up to since I came back to work again and then later finding out I was also pregnant. I do appreciate your patience with me when know its ages before I get to post again. And I just come up with a new tagline that sums up perfectly of my dilemma with reverse harem: So many reverse harem, so little time! But I'm not complaining since that's good news for us but just a bit pressured to hasten my very slow pacing. Thanks again for visiting this blog and happy new year!


Comments

  1. AnY is definitely my fave RH anime as of late but for this year, I agree with KnH Season 2. Dance with Devils isn't that impressive lol...like, slightly better than Diabolik Lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your hard work and happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can skip "To Be Continued" it's a waste of time LOL! There's no romance in it only tiny hints that don't form into anything... Trust me! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also if you ever find Meiji Tokyo renka please post and write a review! I've been looking everywhere and I'd love to know if it's great or not

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your baby is doing well! And thanks for the amazing posts as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing well! Thanks! And you're welcome! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Asking "Where I can find this?" will not be published. Thanks!

Also, I do not approve spam comments. :P

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Red River Anime Gets 2nd Cour, My Happy Marriage Specials Update, Anime NYC 2026 Announcements & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  -Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  -Some may fall under kinda reverse harem. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  -As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Anime News: 🗡️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝚅🗡️ ▶︎ラムセス CV: #斉藤壮馬 「言ったろ、俺は欲しいものは  必ず手に入れるってな 国も女も」 公式TikTokでも公開中🎥 https://t.co/LSBXkWFRto #アニメ天河 9月29日(火)より第2クール放送決定! これまでの放送回は各配信サービスにて配信中🌟… pic.twitter.com/L2haRDKwM8 — 『天は赤い河のほとり』TVアニメ公式 (@tenkawa_anime) August 24, 2026 Red River anime is getting a second cour, which will start on September 29, 2026, bringing the series total to 24 episodes. Two new characters have been unveiled: User Ramses and Juda Haspasrupi. More details on CR .  See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that wa...

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

Reverse Harem Manga on Manga Million

  DISCLAIMERS:  -Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  -Some may fall under kinda reverse harem. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  -As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Shueisha has launched MangaMILLION, a global digital manga platform featuring over one million pages of translated manga in 100 languages. Shueisha has stated that the translations were not produced using AI. Source: ANN     However, the project has faced concerns over its ties to companies that use AI-powered translation. Readers may want to look into the issue before deciding whether to use the platform. The service will run until December 2027. One of its goals is to see which manga are popular worldwide and use that information for future translations and partnerships with local publishers Source: Shueisha via Shonen Jump News   Here are the reverse harem titles currently available on MangaMILLION, including confirmed, k...