Skip to main content

Winter Reverse Harem Dramas 2021 Reviews Part 1: Fling at Convenience Store, No Going Back Romance, Life of Namjoo, 3B No Koibito, Mairunovich & Girl2k


This is the record-breaking number of dramas in one season! Nine reverse harem dramas not including 300 Year-Old Class of 2020 which seems like a promotional show? I can't see myself doing one review at a time. It's going to take me forever so I'll review them in one go. I have yet to finish cdramas: Celestial Authority Academy, In Love With Your Dimples and Unique Lady/Lascivious Lady Season 2. Those are 20+ episodes each. 

It's also hard to rank them as they have different formats but I've grouped them according to country of origin. Some are super short whilst others are just right. There were some that I loved but the ending left me sad. And there was one or maybe two that are not a reverse harem! Reverse harem baiting!!! asdfjisojgjrjgk And there's one drama where the heroine didn't choose anyone! Now, now...not gonna tell which drama was that. *evil laugh*

kdramas

Coincidentally, all these  dramas are short and didn't disappoint. Okay, there's one with a problem from a reverse harem perspective. Read on. I'll also include links for First Impressions for episodes 1 to 3.


Fling at Convenience Store
(6 eps/12 mins runtime) First Impression 

Yeo Joo Ah is the forever convenience store worker. She meets four guys in the store...sweet manager Kim Donghyun, tsundere part-timer Jung Su Bin, puppie cutie toyboy Bong Jaehyun and chic mint chip squad, Jung Wooseok.

This is an interactive drama and I'm happy to say that my favorite guy ended up as the winner. It's no-brainer that he will be a fan favorite as his scenario is cut above the rest and his looks go perfectly with his character's personality. The others really didn't have a chance. Plus points for how he showed his affection for her in the end. The shortest series among all the dramas. 

No Going Back Romance- (10 eps/12 mins runtime) First Impression 

So Dam was sleeping in the classroom but she remembers someone confessing to her. She's now trying to figure out who among her three classmates is in love with her.

This one has the sweetest situations for each guy and to think it's super short. Aaaand it ended up as not a reverse harem! I don't mind if it's not reverse harem but I don't like being baited by the setup.  The guys and the FMC are different shades of cuteness. Like I want to go back in time and be 18 again...oops that's a different drama. Okay, in my mind I have ranked each guy but I want to pretend they are on equal ranking. I'm selfish like that. In a hindsight, it was easy to guess the guy who confessed but I got so greedily distracted by their looks.  

Life of Namjoo- (6 eps/20 mins runtime) First Impression 

Jin Nam Joo sees the future whenever she sneezes but it led to the disastrous end of her relationship. Her father, also a fortune teller, warned her to stop listening to her powers. He also foretells she'll meet three men and she must choose wisely.

This is the one that made me want for more. The main couple here is older than the previous two dramas which are both wholesome. The chemistry between the two leads is just daaaamn. The spiciest couple among all the winter dramas. It's such a waste to see them in such a short drama. 

At some point, it made me doubt its' reverse harem-ness.  Also, I was wondering who the third guy was as it's nearing the end until I realized that the ex-boyfriend was counted. It ends with a new conflict and there's still a story waiting for the second guy. Give us the second season!!!

jdramas

These two are my early favorites out of all the First Impressions but I was disappointed with the ending of these jdramas. Maybe it's just me. But still, both are across the board entertaining and fun. 

3B No Koibito- (10 eps/30 mins runtime) First Impression 

Haruka Kobayashi had a case of runaway groom and haven't found luck with love since then. Her friend warned her to avoid 3B at all cost: bandman, beautician and bartender. And of course, she finds herself living with all three men.

As I have mentioned in the initial impression, I loved the antics of the unreliable guys and how they started in different relationships with other women. Meanwhile Haruka is unassumingly pretty. She doesn't mince her words towards the guys but she has heart of gold. I just hate how she gets her wall up for them but she easily fell for the 4th B!

Another thing that I'm digging is the mood. The grainy look. The atmosphere of the neighborhood.  The cozy home that reminds me of my hometown.  That closing credit with her and the guys living contently under one roof.

The story can be idealistic at times though.  I really didn't know who to root for until the drama finally led me to the guy. My heart just melted in the ending and for that guy.  

 

Mairunovich (8 eps /50 mins runtime) First Impression 

Kinoshita Mairu is popular as "poison mushroom" (a pun for 'ugly'). She meets Tenyu who gives her a makeover. She's able to have the confidence to go on dates and meets Naru. Meanwhile her neighbor Mirai is not happy with the changes in Mairu.

Mairu is totally adorable. Her comical expressions remind of Nakatsu of Hana Kimi. Her logic makes me wonder if she's mature or stupid. But it's admirable that she tries. Naru is my second lead syndrome go to guy but Mirai  grew on me. I feel bad for both of them.  What are you doing Mairu you should choose them all. And I wasn't done yet with Naru. There's something natural to him. His character made me feel like he's a real, hurting, vulnerable boyfriend. And I just love his speaking voice too! 

My expectation for Mairunovich is that it's going to be a tropey, typical story. But it's not what I expected at all. You feel like you want to protect them all. Aya's character was also one of the biggest surprises. Tenyu also had a sudden harem in the end which is more defined over Mairu's reverse harem that are on different timelines. Mairu turns out to be the low-key playgirl among all the winter dramas. It was the perfect ending but I was not satisfied as I wanted to see them more as a couple. 

thdrama

Girl2k (10 eps/45 mins)  First Impression 

Momay is two thousand years old. She may be able to finally die if she falls in love. The prospective candidates are her boss Thawin, the client Mr. Prom, her mentee Moo Tod and the barista/who-lives-near-her-place Kampan. 

There's so much wrong with this drama. Lots of things that didn't make sense but I have come to accept it because this type of dramas is similar to my country's soap operas. They make it super obvious and comical. The villain is obvious from the start too. So many loopholes. 

But if you can get past that it may be enjoyable for you as it was for me. I always have a US sitcom that I'm watching on top of all the reverse harem and non-reverse harem shows. I want something that will make me forget and make me laugh hard. But lately, I've been getting my fill from campy reverse harem dramas with Girl2k, Princess I Have Five Husbands, and even Celestial Authority Academy (but I get bored with all the supporting storylines.) 

The heart of the drama is the ensemble cast. She has such fun and loving colleagues. But not a fan of ageist jokes towards Kanyao. I like her style and I think she's the voiceover too? Maybe the joke's on me because it was really meant for two centuries old, Momay? Momay's beauty is mesmerizing. I think there's more to her acting but that's how her character goes. The guys had some moments but no favorite guy. The reverse harem is also questionable. Two of the guys are douche and the other one is like a filler character.  

Hands down the catchy song is THE official theme song in my head for the season. The ending made me sad for a really absurd drama. And I have finally finished a thdrama!

And we finally saw the office setup that starts at the elevator and goes down to a lower floor. But then the calendar bothered me with dates that jump to March then back to February again. Not a good idea for continuity. 

+++++++

Which ones are your favorites? It's hard for me to choose only one drama so I'm gonna lump them all and hereby dub them as my favorites for the season which is really true. I'm not confident I can finish the cdramas. I'm still interested in Celestial Authority Academy and In Love With Your Dimples but the other guys are being set up with other girls. And Unique Lady...ahhh I really don't think I can watch this. What do you think? Should I still give the three a chance?


Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please buy me KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e 2011 (Hana Kimi) / For You In Full Blossom 2011 -Japanese Drama TV Series (3 DVD set, English subtitles)https://amzn.to/3usCWNo
Hana-Kimi (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3 (manga) https://amzn.to/3f5XHrD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2024 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hello wallflowers! Let me reintroduce myself, my name is Iris! Starting today, I'm going to use my real life nickname more often than my online username, "ayreesa". Iris or Ayame in Japanese is also a popular flower in Japan which goes perfectly with the garden theme of the blog, aight?  Vampire Dormitory is also a spring anime but it's on the other list under Patreon. To access it, follow Reverse Harem Garden on your preferred socials. Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and Youtube . I've got you covered! There are a lot more anime and dramas that are not confirmed for exact airing dates. I'll update this again once we have more information.  And a few disclaimers: Some are not full-blown reverse harem. See  Levels of Reverse Harem .  Those that are not yet reviewed are considered unconfirmed reverse harem.  Dates are subject to changes and videos may not be available in all countries.  As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. UPDATES: 3/6/2

Manga Review: I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway! Vol. 2

I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway! Vol. 2 (Akuyaku Reijou Desu ga, Kouyaku Taishou no Yousu ga Ijou Sugiru) Manga by: Ataka Light novel: by Sou Inaida Art by: Hachipsu Wen All Mystia wants is to avoid death in the otome game she is reincarnated in and to keep her family and servants safe. However, the guys seem to have bugs and are either raising or missing events on their own. Disclaimer A review copy was provided by Netgalley. Check out the first volume review . In the first volume, Mystia meets two of Kyun Kyun Love's suitors, Raid and Eric. In this sequel, we get to see how she meets Jesse, the teacher. For the fourth guy, Robert, it is more of pleasantries. The nicknames in the first volume are still not crystal clear to me. The sparkling prince. The cool tsundere. The gaudy guy. The yakuza teacher.  I managed to get the first two mixed up while the other two have yet to unfold their said attributes. The competitiveness between E

Reverse Harem Anime 2023, 2024 and TBA

    Here is the updated reverse harem list for 2023, 2024, and TBA. Almost all the rumored and TBA have been definitely confirmed except for one (hint: it's an otome game) which hopefully gets animated sooner. What are your favorites? Don't forget to subscribe on Reverse Harem Garden's Youtube channel. It would really mean a lot. Thank you!  Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned:   (a s an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases ): Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on:  Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  If you enjoyed this post please consider buying  Kofi .  Shares and whitelisting of the site are also appreciated. :)

Freshest News: Dare ga Watashi to Koi wo Shita? PV and release date, Yona of the Dawn musical, Twilight animated series, and new Tapas titles

The official site of Dare ga Watashi to Koi wo Shita? has released the main key visual and promotional video. The jdrama will premiere on April 9. Source: darekoi_tbs Summary from Asianwiki: As a 24 year old woman, Ogata Makoto doesn't like to show her true self or draw attention to herself in her private life or when she is at work. This is because she doesn't want to be disliked. One night, Ogata Makoto has an accident. The accident causes her to lose memory about herself. She finds a male ring in her bag, but she doesn't remember who she was going to give the ring to. Soon, three men appear in front of Ogata Makoto and the ring fits perfectly on all three of the men. One of them proclaims himself as her ex-lover, one man claims to be her only male friend, and the other man claims to be her man of fate. Each of them have their own lies. Yona of the Dawn manga gets a new musical stageplay which will run in Tokyo in July. Source: ANN Twilight manga cover not anime visual Li

Freshest News: Private Bodyguard Indo drama, Fortune-Telling Lady on Tapas and a lot more webtoons returning and completed

The novel Private Bodyguard will be adapted into a live adaptation. The story started as AU (Alternate Universe) or fan fiction of the Korean group, NCT Dream, on the X app. The drama will premiere on Viu starting March 8, 2024. Source: Viu Four popular boys, who are also brothers, are shocked when an orphan girl they often fight at school is suddenly adopted by their parents, but as they grow closer, they might find that having a sister to protect and becomes their voice of reason might be exactly what they needed. The movie adaptation of Glass Heart light novel will premiere in 2025 on Netflix. More info on Netflix (This is not a confirmed reverse harem but I'm going to keep tabs on this. If it's not a reverse harem, you did not get it from me 😙) Glass Heart tells the story of Akane Saijo, a college student and aspiring drummer, who finds herself suddenly kicked out of her band. However, things take a turn when the brilliant musician Naoki Fujitani stumbles upon her talent a

🌲Winter Reverse Harem 2024 🌲 (reverse harem anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons, light novels and more!)

Apologies for the late post! The holiday rush is real! You can bookmark this page for easy reference as this will be continuously updated. There's a new 2024 list as well on the Forbidden Garden version.  And a few important disclaimers:  Some are not full-blown reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem .  Those that are not yet reviewed are considered unconfirmed reverse harem.  Dates are subject to changes and videos may not be available in all countries.  As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. And now behold the winter reverse harem 2024 lineup!   UPDATES 12/16/2023- Added Doctor Elise anime 1/6/2024- Added Villains are Destined to Die Season 4, The Contracted Grand Duchess,  The Esteemed Lady of the Tea Garden and My Favorite Novel Has a Weird Epilogue webtoons 3/6/2024- Added Celebrity Danshi wa Te ni Oemasen jdrama, My Man is Cupid kdrama, The World of Dating manhwa,  One Too Many Supporting Male Lead,  Fighting For Love cdrama,  Lia's Bad Ending m

Freshest News: Anyway, I'm Falling In Love With You manga gets an anime adaptation, True Beauty anime clip, The Men Who Live With Me cdrama short and more!

  Anyway, I'm Falling in Love with You manga is getting an anime adaptation. There's no other information available yet except that Clamp posted the cover of Nakayoshi magazine which included a TV anime adaptation of the said manga. Source: ANN  Also check out the volume 1 review . Mizuha's seventeenth birthday is the pits. Her parents totally forgot, and the senpai she likes isn't interested in her. But when her longtime childhood friend asks her out, Mizuha has to sort out what this change could mean…and all in the middle of a global pandemic! The True Beauty clip was shown at the IGN Fan Fest. The anime adaptation of the webtoon/manhwa was first announced in November 2023. Crunchyroll will stream the anime as it airs in 2024. Source: Crunchyroll  (The reverse harem element is weak, it is mainly a love triangle.) Yen Press has licensed The Dark History of the Reincarnated Villainess Short Story Collection manga. It is set for release in August 2024. Source: ANN  See a

Drama Review: The Flame's Daughter

The Flame's Daughter- 52 episodes  Lie Ruge is the only daughter of the head of prestigious martial arts group, Flaming Hills.  But the martial world is on the precipice of conflicts after a long period of peace and Lie Ruge is right in the middle of it. Together with first love, Zhang Feng; the enigmatic man who claims to love her, Yin Xue and ever dependable friend who secretly loves her, Yu Zihan.

Freshest News: Aishiteru tte, Iitai jdrama premieres this March and Surviving as a Maid returns for Season 3

View this post on Instagram A post shared by 【公式】ドラマ『愛してるって、言いたい』 (@aishiterutteiitai_drama) Aishiteru tte, Iitai (I want to say I love you) manga by Lily Imamura gets a drama adaptation. The drama will premiere on March 15, 2024. Source: cloverblossoms_ The story centers on a 39 year-old pharmacist. She has a long time male friend she loved, but he got engaged to another woman. One day, on her way home from a drinking party, a younger man played by Sakurai appears in front of her and somehow they suddenly start living together. Meanwhile, she meets also met a man who gives her peace of mind with his honest love and kindness. Surviving as a Maid returns for Season 3 on Tapas this March 26, 2024. Source: gingertorte Ash Tolkayn was an ordinary office worker before she somehow became a maid in a BL novel with a scandalous love triangle between the King, his mysterious male lover, and the jilted Queen. But everything changes when the King appoints Ash as the crown prin

Reverse Harem Dramas 2023 and 2024

     Here are the reverse harem dramas for 2023 and 2024! I hope you enjoyed this video and Merry Christmas! Don't forget to subscribe!