Skip to main content

Winter Reverse Harem Dramas 2021 Reviews Part 1: Fling at Convenience Store, No Going Back Romance, Life of Namjoo, 3B No Koibito, Mairunovich & Girl2k


This is the record-breaking number of dramas in one season! Nine reverse harem dramas not including 300 Year-Old Class of 2020 which seems like a promotional show? I can't see myself doing one review at a time. It's going to take me forever so I'll review them in one go. I have yet to finish cdramas: Celestial Authority Academy, In Love With Your Dimples and Unique Lady/Lascivious Lady Season 2. Those are 20+ episodes each. 

It's also hard to rank them as they have different formats but I've grouped them according to country of origin. Some are super short whilst others are just right. There were some that I loved but the ending left me sad. And there was one or maybe two that are not a reverse harem! Reverse harem baiting!!! asdfjisojgjrjgk And there's one drama where the heroine didn't choose anyone! Now, now...not gonna tell which drama was that. *evil laugh*

kdramas

Coincidentally, all these  dramas are short and didn't disappoint. Okay, there's one with a problem from a reverse harem perspective. Read on. I'll also include links for First Impressions for episodes 1 to 3.


Fling at Convenience Store
(6 eps/12 mins runtime) First Impression 

Yeo Joo Ah is the forever convenience store worker. She meets four guys in the store...sweet manager Kim Donghyun, tsundere part-timer Jung Su Bin, puppie cutie toyboy Bong Jaehyun and chic mint chip squad, Jung Wooseok.

This is an interactive drama and I'm happy to say that my favorite guy ended up as the winner. It's no-brainer that he will be a fan favorite as his scenario is cut above the rest and his looks go perfectly with his character's personality. The others really didn't have a chance. Plus points for how he showed his affection for her in the end. The shortest series among all the dramas. 

No Going Back Romance- (10 eps/12 mins runtime) First Impression 

So Dam was sleeping in the classroom but she remembers someone confessing to her. She's now trying to figure out who among her three classmates is in love with her.

This one has the sweetest situations for each guy and to think it's super short. Aaaand it ended up as not a reverse harem! I don't mind if it's not reverse harem but I don't like being baited by the setup.  The guys and the FMC are different shades of cuteness. Like I want to go back in time and be 18 again...oops that's a different drama. Okay, in my mind I have ranked each guy but I want to pretend they are on equal ranking. I'm selfish like that. In a hindsight, it was easy to guess the guy who confessed but I got so greedily distracted by their looks.  

Life of Namjoo- (6 eps/20 mins runtime) First Impression 

Jin Nam Joo sees the future whenever she sneezes but it led to the disastrous end of her relationship. Her father, also a fortune teller, warned her to stop listening to her powers. He also foretells she'll meet three men and she must choose wisely.

This is the one that made me want for more. The main couple here is older than the previous two dramas which are both wholesome. The chemistry between the two leads is just daaaamn. The spiciest couple among all the winter dramas. It's such a waste to see them in such a short drama. 

At some point, it made me doubt its' reverse harem-ness.  Also, I was wondering who the third guy was as it's nearing the end until I realized that the ex-boyfriend was counted. It ends with a new conflict and there's still a story waiting for the second guy. Give us the second season!!!

jdramas

These two are my early favorites out of all the First Impressions but I was disappointed with the ending of these jdramas. Maybe it's just me. But still, both are across the board entertaining and fun. 

3B No Koibito- (10 eps/30 mins runtime) First Impression 

Haruka Kobayashi had a case of runaway groom and haven't found luck with love since then. Her friend warned her to avoid 3B at all cost: bandman, beautician and bartender. And of course, she finds herself living with all three men.

As I have mentioned in the initial impression, I loved the antics of the unreliable guys and how they started in different relationships with other women. Meanwhile Haruka is unassumingly pretty. She doesn't mince her words towards the guys but she has heart of gold. I just hate how she gets her wall up for them but she easily fell for the 4th B!

Another thing that I'm digging is the mood. The grainy look. The atmosphere of the neighborhood.  The cozy home that reminds me of my hometown.  That closing credit with her and the guys living contently under one roof.

The story can be idealistic at times though.  I really didn't know who to root for until the drama finally led me to the guy. My heart just melted in the ending and for that guy.  

 

Mairunovich (8 eps /50 mins runtime) First Impression 

Kinoshita Mairu is popular as "poison mushroom" (a pun for 'ugly'). She meets Tenyu who gives her a makeover. She's able to have the confidence to go on dates and meets Naru. Meanwhile her neighbor Mirai is not happy with the changes in Mairu.

Mairu is totally adorable. Her comical expressions remind of Nakatsu of Hana Kimi. Her logic makes me wonder if she's mature or stupid. But it's admirable that she tries. Naru is my second lead syndrome go to guy but Mirai  grew on me. I feel bad for both of them.  What are you doing Mairu you should choose them all. And I wasn't done yet with Naru. There's something natural to him. His character made me feel like he's a real, hurting, vulnerable boyfriend. And I just love his speaking voice too! 

My expectation for Mairunovich is that it's going to be a tropey, typical story. But it's not what I expected at all. You feel like you want to protect them all. Aya's character was also one of the biggest surprises. Tenyu also had a sudden harem in the end which is more defined over Mairu's reverse harem that are on different timelines. Mairu turns out to be the low-key playgirl among all the winter dramas. It was the perfect ending but I was not satisfied as I wanted to see them more as a couple. 

thdrama

Girl2k (10 eps/45 mins)  First Impression 

Momay is two thousand years old. She may be able to finally die if she falls in love. The prospective candidates are her boss Thawin, the client Mr. Prom, her mentee Moo Tod and the barista/who-lives-near-her-place Kampan. 

There's so much wrong with this drama. Lots of things that didn't make sense but I have come to accept it because this type of dramas is similar to my country's soap operas. They make it super obvious and comical. The villain is obvious from the start too. So many loopholes. 

But if you can get past that it may be enjoyable for you as it was for me. I always have a US sitcom that I'm watching on top of all the reverse harem and non-reverse harem shows. I want something that will make me forget and make me laugh hard. But lately, I've been getting my fill from campy reverse harem dramas with Girl2k, Princess I Have Five Husbands, and even Celestial Authority Academy (but I get bored with all the supporting storylines.) 

The heart of the drama is the ensemble cast. She has such fun and loving colleagues. But not a fan of ageist jokes towards Kanyao. I like her style and I think she's the voiceover too? Maybe the joke's on me because it was really meant for two centuries old, Momay? Momay's beauty is mesmerizing. I think there's more to her acting but that's how her character goes. The guys had some moments but no favorite guy. The reverse harem is also questionable. Two of the guys are douche and the other one is like a filler character.  

Hands down the catchy song is THE official theme song in my head for the season. The ending made me sad for a really absurd drama. And I have finally finished a thdrama!

And we finally saw the office setup that starts at the elevator and goes down to a lower floor. But then the calendar bothered me with dates that jump to March then back to February again. Not a good idea for continuity. 

+++++++

Which ones are your favorites? It's hard for me to choose only one drama so I'm gonna lump them all and hereby dub them as my favorites for the season which is really true. I'm not confident I can finish the cdramas. I'm still interested in Celestial Authority Academy and In Love With Your Dimples but the other guys are being set up with other girls. And Unique Lady...ahhh I really don't think I can watch this. What do you think? Should I still give the three a chance?


Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please buy me Kofi. Shares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e 2011 (Hana Kimi) / For You In Full Blossom 2011 -Japanese Drama TV Series (3 DVD set, English subtitles)https://amzn.to/3usCWNo
Hana-Kimi (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3 (manga) https://amzn.to/3f5XHrD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Red River Anime Gets 2nd Cour, My Happy Marriage Specials Update, Anime NYC 2026 Announcements & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  -Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  -Some may fall under kinda reverse harem. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  -As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Anime News: 🗡️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝚅🗡️ ▶︎ラムセス CV: #斉藤壮馬 「言ったろ、俺は欲しいものは  必ず手に入れるってな 国も女も」 公式TikTokでも公開中🎥 https://t.co/LSBXkWFRto #アニメ天河 9月29日(火)より第2クール放送決定! これまでの放送回は各配信サービスにて配信中🌟… pic.twitter.com/L2haRDKwM8 — 『天は赤い河のほとり』TVアニメ公式 (@tenkawa_anime) August 24, 2026 Red River anime is getting a second cour, which will start on September 29, 2026, bringing the series total to 24 episodes. Two new characters have been unveiled: User Ramses and Juda Haspasrupi. More details on CR .  See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that wa...