Skip to main content

Related Review: Female Managers and All-boy Idol Groups: Idolish 7, B-Project and Top Management

I decided not to write a review of Idolish 7 since it's not a reverse harem. But I'm in the same predicament again after watching B-Project. Then I remembered, I still have another completed kdrama that fits the bill. Okay so might as well post it in one go. Here goes for my review of female managers and all-boy idol groups. It's more of a comparison and contrast of the three.


Idolish 7- anime- 17 episodes

Tsumugi Takanashi is a new manager that was assigned to handle a newly-formed idol group in her father's company. 



B-PROJECT Mousou*Scandal- anime- 12 episodes
B-PROJECT~Zecchō*Emotion- anime- 12 episodes

Tsubasa Sumisora is the new A and R to B-Project which consists of 3 sub-units: Kitakore, THRIVE and MooNs. In the second season, a new group is added, the KiLLER KiNG. 


Top Management -kdrama -16 episodes

Seo Eun-soo is a former idol trainee turned manager to the group, S.O.U.L , who is trying to make a comeback. And oh yeah she has the power to see the future.

Idolish 7 and B-Project are mixed media with animes, manga, rhythm game and more while Top Management is based on web comic. Since all three titles are about idol groups trying to make it in the show business, it's inevitable to have similar characters and situations-- having a parent scandal, performing in the rain, illness, being an otaku, plagiarisms, postponed debut, mysterious composers and of course, same activities like rehearsals, concerts, TV, film and commercial appearances. They are in different stages though - Idolish 7 is in the brink of debut, B-Project is already established and S.O.U.L is trying to stage a comeback. 

I find Idolish 7 a breath of fresh air as the guys are not fawning over her. Until it hit me that it will not progress to any romantic feelings... at all. I was hoping it was a reverse harem because I only found out about the heroine when I watched the first episode and I thought it was a surprise marketing ploy like in Sengoku Night Blood of saving the announcement for the heroine for last. 

With B-Project, it's my fault that I was quick to label it as reverse harem after having seen just the  couple of episodes of season 1 before procrastinating again. The start was very promising as if they are drawn to her but I should have known better when they never include the heroine in the wallpapers or key visual of the group. 

Idolish 7 respects Tsumugu as their manager, while B-Project is more doting with Tsubasa. There is a guy from each of the 2 groups who are interested with their managers but it never progressed into anything serious or highlighted at all. There are hints of BL too. Tsubasa is an anime only character but despite that, her character plays a bigger role in the story. Tsubasa and Tsumugu could be twins with their personalities...

I prefer the story, the MV and costumes of Idolish 7 over B-Pro. It was easy to watch and the story is realistic. It was a chore to watch B-Pro but I enjoyed the fun dynamics of the group. For choreography, I am handing it to B-Pro. I'm mesmerized with the group's dancing in the opening of the sequel and in their concert. I feel pride and an overwhelming need to see them in the flesh. 

Top Management is heroine and romance-centric but it was a love triangle only. And among the three, this is my favorite. Storywise and for the songs too. I know it's not fair since they are different medium and country of origin. It's an unpopular opinion that I am not into all-boy idol group trope but Top Management is an exception. I really enjoyed it! It's fun, exciting and with light drama. It was a torture to wait for the second half as it had a break halfway through. And no, I'm not crushing on anyone younger again but despite their looks, I am so in for their chemistry with Soo Eun Soo. It's rare for me to be convinced of the chemistry in kdrama nowadays. The ending is hinting a sequel. I do hope it gets one!

Idolish 7 will have a second season. It already had a spin-off featuring their rival, Trigger on Youtube Originals. Top Management is also through Youtube Originals. We now have new enabler for pseudo reverse harem titles. Special mention to Cha Eun-woo (Woo Yeon-woo) who's also in another pseudo reverse harem, To Be Continued, with his group ASTRO as themselves. Z. Hera (Song Haena) is also in reverse harem kdrama, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. 

I think I have enough of all-boy idol animes to last me for a while. It's actually a good thing for me that Dynamic Chord is not a reverse harem. Upcoming anime, Ensemble Stars and I★CHU Étoile Stage anime would most likely have no romance or no heroine. It may take a while for me to finish Uta Pri season 4. Sorry!

Follow Reverse Harem Garden on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter 
Please support via: Ko.fi  | Patreon | Paypal



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

🍂Fall Reverse Harem 2026 🍂 (anime, dramas, manga and more!)

Hello, wallflowers! 🌸 Here’s our Fall Reverse Harem 2026 list! This post will be continuously updated as new titles and releases are announced. Would you still like me to include ongoing manga, manhwa, light novels, and other releases? Let me know in the comments. DISCLAIMERS:  Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Red River anime  2nd cour  Release Date: September 29, 2026 See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that water becomes agitated whenever she goes near it. One night, hands appear out of a puddle on the str...