Skip to main content

Related Reviews: The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent and Pretty Boy Detective Club anime


Both are not reverse harem anime so I decided to combine the two, The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent and Pretty Boy Detective Club, under 'Related Reviews'. As if two non-reverse harems can magically add up as one reverse harem. Based on Levels of Reverse Harem, they fall under two or maybe three flowers.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent - 12 episodes

Sei got home late from working and when she steps inside her home, she goes to another world. They welcomed the other girl that was also summoned as saint and then ignored her. With too much time on her hands now, she began taking interest in herbs and potions, but her creations seem to be more potent than usual... Check the First Impression here. 

The anime perfectly captures the essence of the book and executed well. Check here for the reviews of the light novels' first two volumes. It's so relaxing to watch this with the likable heroine and wholesome story.  The anime deserves to be part of your self-care day. It is predictable to watch her level up her powers but yet it still left me amazed every time. But the anime fell short due to the limitations of the story. Even though I enjoyed almost the entire series, the ending left me feeling the story didn't have any plot.  Her powers progressed but the story didn't.  Everything tied up too neatly without twist or conflict. In the author's afterword in the second volume, there were two characters who I thought were going to be villains that were rewritten in the direction that the fans wanted.  

from light novel illustration

The rest of the guys didn't progress to anything but they did introduce another bishonen near the end. The early part has this twinges of maybe becoming a reverse harem but the general mood of the latter part felt non-reverse harem that you don't care about the other guys anymore. Maybe a lil but it's all about Sei and Albert from there on out. 

The big scenes that I was expecting to be impactful in the anime were just ho-hum. It's probably because I was already anticipating it. Surprisingly it's the little things that I enjoyed. Being caught off guard with those moments that you dismissed as trivial. Her everyday cottagecore life while geeking over potions with beautiful men. That kind of sums up the anime. (lol) One of my favorite scenes is when she goes to her room and she says tadaima and sleeps looking very tired and yet happy as well. That's the best kind of sleep. I don't even remember if it happened in the book.

Seven Seas has also licensed "The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent: The Other Saint" which now shows the story from Aira's point of view. Maybe we'll get more sense of Kyle. His actions are questionable. Now I am hoping (not again!) for a reverse harem because she's been accused of being close to other fiancés. The gears in my brain are turning for a possible category for Stages of Reverse Harem. lol

And still, no magical stats that they can physically see but it makes sense since she did not get isekai-ed inside an otome game or any game for that matter. The opening music Blessing by Aira Yuuki is also now in my favorite reverse harem soundtrack.  It also keeps on evoking Hiro no Kakera opening song Nee by Fujita Maiko inside my head. Seinaru kagayaki Abite (Bask in the holy radiance)~


Pretty Boy Detective Club- 12 episodes

Mayumi Dojima is ready to say goodbye to her childhood dream as she turns 14. She meets the Pretty Boy Detective Club, an unlikely bunch of beautiful boys, who will help her to find that one thing that sparked her dream before she bids it farewell. Also check out First Impression.  

I imagine this first as a serious story and then afterward the comic reliefs are added. I'm not saying this is how it was written by the author. This is how I compartmentalize this in my head. I love to separate the dual aspects of the story: the wisdom and the humor. 

The story is divided into five mysteries. Perhaps I was still in denial when I read the first volume of the light novel (which the only one I read so far) but after finishing the anime I have come to accept the fact that I was not fond of the resolution especially to the star and the casino mysteries. You still would want the resolution to be within bounds of reality and logic which makes detective stories addicting. But then again maybe I've had too much of Hollywood's Sherlock Holmes. The cases were also hinged on Mayumi's gift.  The talents of Sakiguchi and Mr. Bare Legs were not used to full potential after the first case which are such as waste. The casino arc is grim and literally gives me the creeps so props for that. The yokai arc is boring but in hindsight it was sweet and so does the painting mystery. These two pull a tug in your heart.  



Even though that this is not a reverse harem I love that each boy had a "moment" with Mayumi. Mr. Bare Legs moment was when he saved her.  Sakiguchi-senpai's was when he was trying to help her vocalize. Child Genius' moment the most risqué among 'em all. With Mr. Delinquent at first, I thought it was the second hand kiss. But the jealous Mr. Delinquent at the last episode was such a cute moment. His reactions are so priceless! With Leader, it's hard to choose a moment. And my definition of moment implies a romantic delusion but with Manabu I can feel it's platonic but his moments with her are gold and it's hard to choose which one. But he did say 'We love Mayumi' and I'm going to engrave that.   

It only dawned on me in the finale... after 11 episodes... of how they use different art and animation styles in each episode. It's a nifty idea that they used this for an anime with a plot that embraced aesthetics and took it to the next level. They saved the best for last too with the recreation of Last Supper and the confrontation between Mayumi and her seatmate. And I hate to say this to Ouran but looks like I found another or maybe an even more aesthetically pleasing uniform there is. And speaking of Ouran, I officially dub Maaya Sakamoto as the gender bender queen with her roles here, in Ouran, and in Fruits Basket. 

It's hard to make a comparison between the entire series vs the book since I've only read the first volume. But I love the wordiness of the book. You can read the novel for the writing and watch the anime for the aesthetics. It's a totally two different experiences of their own. Visual overload for the anime and verbosity for the novel. Shoutout again to K from Patreon and Hana and anon from Ko-fi for making the book purchase possible. Please consider pledging or tipping. Thank you!

=================

Which of the two do you like? Or did you enjoy them both? Saint's Magic and Pretty Boy are at the opposite end of the spectrum. Saint Magic is a very simple anime but you can't deny its pureness while Pretty Boy is super dynamic and fun. I enjoyed Saint Magic except for the end while with Pretty Boy there were parts I didn't enjoy but it ended strong. And having said that, I still want a second season for both. 

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (Light Novel) Vol. 1 https://amzn.to/3hB3S8E
The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (Light Novel) Vol. 4 https://amzn.to/2SVek2s
The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (Manga) Vol. 1 https://amzn.to/3AHWGAi
The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (Manga) Vol. 4 https://amzn.to/3jIWaMl
Pretty Boy Detective Club: The Dark Star that Shines for You Alone (Light Novel) Vol. 1 https://amzn.to/36jwjCJ
Pretty Boy Detective Club: The Pretty Boy in the Attic (Light Novel) Vol. 3 https://amzn.to/3whsBE5
Pretty Boy Detective Club (Manga) Vol. 1 https://amzn.to/36urnLv
Pretty Boy Detective Club (Manga) Vol. 2 https://amzn.to/2SPEMdD
Ouran High School Host Club Box Set (Vol. 1-18) https://amzn.to/36j8Kdi
Ouran High School Host Club - Complete Series (Classic) [Blu-ray] https://amzn.to/3hlkYbo
Hiiro No Kakera: Season 1 [Blu-ray] https://amzn.to/36h25A7

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying Kofi. Shares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

🍂Fall Reverse Harem 2026 🍂 (anime, dramas, manga and more!)

Hello, wallflowers! 🌸 Here’s our Fall Reverse Harem 2026 list! This post will be continuously updated as new titles and releases are announced. Would you still like me to include ongoing manga, manhwa, light novels, and other releases? Let me know in the comments. DISCLAIMERS:  Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Red River anime  2nd cour  Release Date: September 29, 2026 See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that water becomes agitated whenever she goes near it. One night, hands appear out of a puddle on the str...