Skip to main content

First Impression of Fall Reverse Harem dramas Eps 1-3 : A Female Student Arrives in the Imperial College, Peng, Jin Jiu Ling, and Love in Black Hole + Can I Step In?


Check out the first impression of the Fall Reverse Harem 2021 dramas. Plus one Winter 2021 show. 


A Female Student Arrives in the Imperial College cdrama eps 1-3

Sang Qi is the first female student to enter the imperial college. She encounters three out of the four bachelors of Bianjing: Yan Yun Zhi, deputy of the imperial college; Yan Xiao Ling, eldest son of grand preceptor and Zhuo Wen Yuan, her friend who's always looking out for her.  

We may never have to meet the fourth bachelor Qing Xuan since he's not on the cast list but in the photo above the fourth guy is Song Luo Tian. I'm not 100% if this is reverse harem I was simply operating on the fact of only girl in an all-boy school. So far we have the lead guy, the second lead, and the third one who might be crushing on her after saving his life. A lot can still happen since it's a total of 30 episodes.  

Out of all the fall dramas, this is my favorite so far. It's light and comic without feeling corny. The heroine is like a little devil. You think she will be bullied for being a girl. Think again. It's the other way around. I am enjoying the chemistry between the girl and the lead guy but not in a romantic way. I don't see them yet as a couple. And I can't help give lingering glances on the second and thirds leads. The main guy is also from another reverse harem cdrama, Young and Beautiful.  

Everything is so pleasing to the eyes, from the girl to the men, the clothes, and the set. The opening credit is the most beautiful trailer I've seen in a while. I have so high hopes now please don't disappoint. 

Peng kdrama eps 1-3

Go Sa Ri is feeling the pressure of turning thirty. Her friend reads her fortune that there's going to be a lot of men around her this year. Four in fact. 

I'm going to forego the usual descriptions of the guys. What keeps it interesting is that not everything is what it looks like. This is my second favorite drama for fall. I'm not sure if I like Go Sa Ri since her character is passive-aggressive about everything but you can't help get smitten with her. I am rooting for the guy she'll meet in the club and the guy she'll bump into while jogging. The first one is... sigh... so dreamy while the second one I think instantly got me with his acting on the second time they meet. That just gets me. My only issues are her male colleagues who are such a @*#! and the red flags all throughout the drama.

Jin Jiu Ling cdrama eps 1 -3 

Princess Jin Jiu Ling flees from the capital after trying to kill her uncle, the new emperor.  She takes on a new identity and a face in the countryside. Her fiance Lu Yun Qi and childhood friend Zhu Zan thinks she's dead. Meanwhile, her new identity as Jun Zhezhen is also betrothed to rich heir, Ning Yun Zhao.

The synopsis only mentions three guys but the photo above shows the fourth guy who is Zhezhen's cousin, Fang Cheng Yu. As of episode three, she has yet to meet the third guy, Ning Yun Zhao. The series starts in a serious tone and the opening credit is generous in highlighting that it will be a heavy drama with action and medical themes. Not buying the face swap though but okay fine. There are so many scenes and so much going on and to think we still have 37 episodes to go.  Normally, I do not have patience for this type of pacing but it's still drawing me in to continue watching it. And it's partly due to Jin Jiu Ling. She's a strong and smart woman and a bonus for the actress playing it. Her beauty stands out so much but her no-nonsense acting balances it out. Well, for the guys, I'm not gravitating to anyone yet and the third guy has just entered the picture. I'm just here just for the heroine. But having said all that I have a sinking feeling that  I might not watch it until the end. 


Love in Black Hole kdrama eps 1-3

Eun Ha receives an anonymous love letter from a white hole. The suspects are the guy members in the clubroom: her bestfriend, Tae Yang; cold guy, Sung Woon, and the friendly younger guy, Hae Myung.  

There's a fourth guy-- the ex-boyfriend but we can forget about him. As of third episode, we have yet to see the love letter. But fret not it's short with only 12 episodes and 10 minutes run time. Just like in Peng, I'm not sure if I like the heroine. Yeah, she's pretty. She's not the typical nice girl but then again who says that should be the standard. It's also too short to root for someone but I'm feeling the childhood friend when you know he's thinking something meaningful. Even though he's not showing it but you are overthinking it... yep... I'm overthinking it. The aerial shot of their island was breathtaking, I hope we get more of these in the future episodes. It's a waste to not build up this mood. 

What do we call this type of trope? We have similarly themed dramas: No Going Back Romance kdrama (who kissed her?), Kiss Scene in Yeonnamdong kdrama (who also kissed her?), and Let Me Stay Over Tonight webtoon (who asked her out?) 'Mystery trope' seems too vague. Maybe Who-is-the-secret-admirer-among the-guys? Any ideas? Help! Another variation is who among the guys is the husband like in Reply 1994 drama or who among the guys is the father of the child like in Was It Love kdrama. And before I forget, this type of trope does not guarantee that it will be a reverse harem as the suspects are crossed off one by one. 

+++++++++

The fall reverse harem 2021 dramas are like yin and yang to one another. The two long cdramas: Jin Jiu Ling, a heavy drama, against A Female Student, a comedy. The two short kdramas: Love in Black Hole is pretty straightforward while Peng with its complications. But one thing's for sure for this season, all the heroines are really stunning with strong colorful personalities. What's your favorite so far for fall? And here is an additional first impression from Winter 2021: 

Can I Step In? kdrama eps 1-3

Ji Baek Ho's family goes to America leaving him all alone in their house. His friends crashed at his place in no time. He's also expecting another guest named Alex...who's actually a girl and they're not happy at all with the intrusion.

I just have this feeling that this is not going to be a reverse harem since it's like the other promotional dramas that showcase idol groups and in this case, ONF. And to name other shows/groups we had: Dream Knight (GOT7), Exo Next Door (Exo), To be Continued (Astro), and Click Your heart (SF9). Sure they all have one lucky girl in the drama but they're not necessarily all reverse harem. What do we call this trope? Obligatory drama for idol groups? 

In Can I Step In, only one or maybe two guys like her. I can't make myself pick it up again but I can still change my mind since it's short. What do you think? 

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

Was it Love (Korean Drama, English Sub, All Region DVD) https://amzn.to/3np0pwR

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying Kofi. Shares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Red River Anime Gets 2nd Cour, My Happy Marriage Specials Update, Anime NYC 2026 Announcements & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  -Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  -Some may fall under kinda reverse harem. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  -As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Anime News: 🗡️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝚅🗡️ ▶︎ラムセス CV: #斉藤壮馬 「言ったろ、俺は欲しいものは  必ず手に入れるってな 国も女も」 公式TikTokでも公開中🎥 https://t.co/LSBXkWFRto #アニメ天河 9月29日(火)より第2クール放送決定! これまでの放送回は各配信サービスにて配信中🌟… pic.twitter.com/L2haRDKwM8 — 『天は赤い河のほとり』TVアニメ公式 (@tenkawa_anime) August 24, 2026 Red River anime is getting a second cour, which will start on September 29, 2026, bringing the series total to 24 episodes. Two new characters have been unveiled: User Ramses and Juda Haspasrupi. More details on CR .  See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that wa...

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...