Skip to main content

Drama Review: Lost You Forever S1~ first favorite reverse harem drama for the year

Lost You Forever Season 1 cdrama- 39 episodes based on the third book of The Book of Mountain and Sea series by Tong Hua

Xiao Yao is a deity who's pretending to be a male healer/fertility merchant in the small, neutral town of Qingshui. Her cousin Cang Xuan has been looking for her for years and moves in next door. She would also meet an injured man she'll name later on as Ye Shi Qi and the nine-headed demon Xiang Liu. 

Every now and then you'll catch a reverse harem gem that will make you swoon, yearn, and anxious and for this season it is Lost You Forever. The story is well-written and engaging with beautiful characters and superb acting. It will reel you in with all storylines going on after one another and with the never-ending dangling of the carrots. There are occasional weird and what-the-bleep moments though but bearable. There's also a long gender-bender phase that I wasn't prepared for. 

In recent years, cdramas have become consistent with producing reverse harem. But sometimes the reverse harem gets lost in the story especially if it's long with 30 to 40 episodes or even more. The slow pacing in most cdramas makes me drop it by episode 3, but this time I was hooked. The story is moving without the usual fillers that stretch out the story. It is a full-on four-flowers reverse harem (See Levels of Reverse Harem. Three or more guys in love with the heroine) and the story is closely revolving around Xiao Yao and these gorgeous, wonderful men. 

Each of the guys has a different kind of love for her and it's just so sweet and painful really. I don't know if you will love me or hate me for recommending this drama. And it's actually possible to want two husbands... an angel-like and a literal demon. (See Stages of Reverse Harem) And of course, I love the demon more... And love is such an understatement. Please indulge me with the wish-fulfillment fantasy for fictional characters because, in reality, the said demon is sooo problematic.  

The hierarchy of the reverse harem men like who the main lead, second lead, etc. is so confusing. The main guy is not giving the main character energy at all. It's actually a battle between the second and third leads. But things can still shake up for the first and fourth leads for the second season. It can be anyone's game or no one's game by the latter half (See 7 Types of Reverse Harem Endings) and I'm just saying this to expect the worst and to protect my heart. Why oh why do I love reverse harem?

There is now an episode limit thus dramas are getting cut into two seasons like with Love Like the Galaxy. And there is also a new mandate that the second season will air after a year and the number of episodes might even be shortened from 35 down to 21 episodes. Source: (Koalas Playground) Gawd, please noooo. Waiting for the next episodes is such torture already.  Man must update the top 10 reverse harem dramas because it's definitely there. By the way, the book it is based on was written by the same author of Scarlet Heart which by the way is also one of my all-time favorites. And on another sidenote, the heroine from Please Classmate plays a supporting character here.

Love it or hate it? Please share in the comments. 

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram | Tiktok 


If you enjoyed this post please consider buying Kofi. Shares and whitelisting of the site are also appreciated. :)


Comments

  1. I will definitely watch this drama. You made me feel excited with your review. I want to thank you for the quality content you offer us about reverse harem, I have followed this blog for years now, I always come back from time to time to check if there is new content to see and there always is! Keep it up, I thank you because if it weren't for your blog I would have missed series, dramas, manhwas, animes, etc., of my favorite genre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much Janeth! Made my day! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Asking "Where I can find this?" will not be published. Thanks!

Also, I do not approve spam comments. :P

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Red River Anime Gets 2nd Cour, My Happy Marriage Specials Update, Anime NYC 2026 Announcements & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  -Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  -Some may fall under kinda reverse harem. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  -As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Anime News: 🗡️𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝚅🗡️ ▶︎ラムセス CV: #斉藤壮馬 「言ったろ、俺は欲しいものは  必ず手に入れるってな 国も女も」 公式TikTokでも公開中🎥 https://t.co/LSBXkWFRto #アニメ天河 9月29日(火)より第2クール放送決定! これまでの放送回は各配信サービスにて配信中🌟… pic.twitter.com/L2haRDKwM8 — 『天は赤い河のほとり』TVアニメ公式 (@tenkawa_anime) August 24, 2026 Red River anime is getting a second cour, which will start on September 29, 2026, bringing the series total to 24 episodes. Two new characters have been unveiled: User Ramses and Juda Haspasrupi. More details on CR .  See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that wa...