Skip to main content

Manga Review: I was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway! Vol. 3

I was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway! Vol. 3 by Shou (Akuyaku Reijou Desu ga, Kouyaku Taishou no Yousu ga Ijou Sugiru) Manga by: Ataka Light novel: by Sou Inaida Art by: Hachipsu Wen

Mystia is trying to stop the events that will lead to her end. But meanwhile, the events that she's anticipating are also not happening! It's all because of her doing, of course. And there's something sinister pulling the strings in the background. Check out Volumes 1 to 2 reviews. Disclaimer: A review copy was provided by the publisher.

Something I forgot to mention from the start is that the setting of the story is European historical vibe but the highschool look is modern Japan. The game story proper of KyunKyun Love School takes place in highschool.  But it's not your sweet, light highschool life. The general mood has taken a darker turn. 

source 

The main characters are all acting abnormal now. (In reference to alternate title: I’m the Villainess, but the Capture Targets Are Too Abnormal.) They're getting more obsessive with her and I've switched to a different bishonen as my favorite as he's the saner one in the lot. I brushed his character off as boring but I'm taken with his character development. All the target characters are now complete as the fourth bishonen, Robert, is properly introduced. Not off to a good start, but the mangaka has mentioned in the author's note to give him a chance. Okay, will do. Mystia being oblivious is also getting tiresome. Don't take it personally Mystia, I always rant about this in reverse harem heroines in general.  

Not my favorite volume so far but I'm still very much on boat. The plot thickens with more unanswered questions and shady characters. In fact, everyone is all acting shady from her house to school. I want to fastforward to the next volume for answers!

The third volume cover is featuring Jey's, so we can expect Robert for the fourth volume. The character designs alone make me wish it was an anime. In the last review, I mentioned creating a reel for the manga covers that feature bishonen only which I did BTW. See here. Upnext, create a reel for manga covers that feature the heroine with a different bishie. 
 
Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, Vol. 1 https://amzn.to/3UTsFHF
I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, Vol. 2 https://amzn.to/3C2etDs
I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, Vol. 3 https://amzn.to/3Cqz3PD

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram | Tiktok 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying Kofi. Shares and whitelisting of the site are also appreciated. :)

Comments

  1. I’ll wait to see this volume published on free manga sites because I don’t really like the 15 yr old being romantically interested in the 10 yr old protagonist at all…. At least they are both minors but it still isn’t my thing. I enjoy multiple possessive love interests too 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember which review was it now but yes they almost always start the story at 10 years old. I dunno why. Yes, plenty of possessive love interests for you! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Asking "Where I can find this?" will not be published. Thanks!

Also, I do not approve spam comments. :P

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...

Freshest News: Ouran High School Host Club Anime Launches 20th Anniversary X Account

  Ouran High School Host Club opens a new anime account on X to commemorate its 20th anniversary. In this screwball romantic comedy, Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids’ school, is forced to repay an $80,000 debt by working for the school’s swankiest, all-male club—as a boy! There she discovers just how wealthy the six members are and how different the rich are from everybody else…  (See  Ouran Reviews ) So I posted my bold prediction on Patreon 19 hours ago and then, four hours later… ta-da! Are we finally getting a sequel??!! Oh please, please, please. —Ayreesa As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases: Ouran High School Host Club Box Set (Vol. 1-18) manga  https://amzn.to/3KFqo28   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this update, you can support me with a Ko-fi! Every cup helps keep the garden blooming. 🌸 Patreon-  Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join  The Forbidden Garden  on Patreon!  Foll...