Skip to main content

Book Review: The Ghost Bird Series Book # 6: Push and Shove


Book #6 The Ghost Bird Series ~ Push and Shove by C. L. Stone

The Academy boys face the aftereffects of new synthetic drugs spreading in the school. They also have to deal with Nathan's abusive dad who has returned home. And on top of all the pressing issues they're facing with, it has now become obvious to Sang that the Academy has not allowed the boys to kiss her...on the lips.  


Picking up the sixth installment brought me to nostalgia of skeptical me when I first started reading the series. I roll my eyes on Sang's nose for their individual scents. It's like she's perfumer or something. But later on I realized that it is actually a very useful talent. And I don't get Victor's fiery eyes. Everytime Sang stares at Victor, she kept on going on about his fiery eyes. I can't imagine someone on fiery eyes mode on all the time. There's a lot more but I can't remember them all for now. I'm also amazed again on how everything tidily fits to an impossibly perfect reverse harem world.  But as I read further, I have succumbed again to my guilty pleasure. You know that with all logic and reason in the world it's not supposed to be okay but I still jump blindly without care.

The fanservice went up a notch steamier. Personally, I think some of it are not so doable in real life. :P But at the same time her relationships with the boys have become more complicated. Their actions now have serious consequences. I noticed though the Sang comes back to reality of asking the hard questions conveniently happen after all the fun parts have been done. And when I meant fun parts I mean loooooong fun parts. Or rather the author recklessly indulges us and then brings us back to Earth like hello that's not even sane or right.

It's going to be hard to make all the boys get equal "airtime" but I'm disappointed when I don't get to see their reactions to situations that I know they will be jealous about. But we'll probably see it on the next books. I'm not really a fan of the teachers. I know they're young but I always picture them as father figures. The way they try to cross or about to cross the lines of point of no return is enough to slowly thaw my skeptic heart. I just don' want to be rushed with them. My heart is still reeling with all the attention from the younger boys!
The burning question is who gets to kiss her first. The only hint I'm going to give is yes she's finally going to get kissed! Seriously C.L. Stone is so sneaky! 

And now for other miscellaneous musings. I'm wondering who Volto is I bet it's someone we wouldn't be expecting. What if it was actually Karen? Or Jay? I thought Rocky's a good guy and a potential love interest but author officially made him a douche. I'm glad she removed the dream sequences it really doesn't make sense to me. I know judging the covers is superficial but let me still do it anyway. I find the cover  too generic though and doesn't gel in with the previous covers. I particularly don't like the shapes. 

I said before that I was not really after the plot. But after the major events that happened in the last book I was expecting for a development. It's like a filler episode of hopefully of greater things to come. Compared to all the books in the series this book makes my heart feel heavy but in a good way. It's not about who gets to hug her or kiss her or do whatever things they want to do with her. It's now about are they really in love with her? I particularly liked Nathan's POV. We're now talking about feelings. It was already established when the boys POV first started in the earlier books but I wasn't taking it seriously then. We all do want the fanservice but in the end it's their genuine feelings that triumphs on any given day.

Comments

  1. I'm actually thinking that Volto is Wil... Just my opinion...

    THANK YOU SO MUCH, btw for introducing this to me >.< I couldn't stop myself and has given up my 1-week vaction just to read it but who cares, its all worth it!! I love you <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love you too! tee hee <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. I was also slightly thinking that it could be Derrick... Haaah... can't wait for October to come ;-;

      Delete
    3. My first guess by the way is also Will but then I feel like the author is setting us up to think it's Will. But then Sang has a nose for scents so she might have not met this person in his/her normal self. She would know since she described Volto's scent before. But then again she never really described the scents of other supporting characters. Just my theory. hihi

      Delete
    4. True. Which makes me want to really ask the very honest author, C.L. Stone, if Volto's persona is someone whom she's already mentioned or what-not... But our strong first guesses might be true though. The simplest answers are always looked upon.

      Not that I'm sayin' that the book is predictable becoz we know its not, but, the author might be thinking that we're looking too much into it when in fact it is right in front of us :)) Just sayin'...

      Delete
  2. I think I already have a lead to who Volto might be~ :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 7# will come out this month. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Asking "Where I can find this?" will not be published. Thanks!

Also, I do not approve spam comments. :P

Popular posts from this blog

👑 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads from 2020-2025 (Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons, Light Novels & More!)

Hello, Wallflowers! This is Ayreesa.  I recently shared my 18 Gems :  reverse harem reads from 2007–2019 that shaped me. Now it’s time for my personal favorite* reverse harem reads from 2020 to present , listed in the order I read them. Personal favorite = Some are problematic. 😅Sorry! Who knows, this might turn into one of your treasured favorites, too! Winning a copy of Mia and the Forbidden Medicine   Report back in 2020 gave me the push to request review copies and start covering licensed titles + licensing news . I’d love to cover even more stories, but both time and budget keep me from reading everything on my list. To make the most of my schedule, I share quick impressions and mini-reviews on Patreon. If you’d like to help me keep exploring new titles, you can support me through Patreon or Ko-fi . E very bit means so much!  This is Part 2 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with...

19th Anniversary Week Begins ~ A Reverse Harem Anniversary Roundup

I stopped making these because they took forever... but old habits die hard, because I never really stopped keeping track. So tada! Here’s another year of reverse harem and RH-like titles from the past 12 months or so. Which are your favorites? Fushigi Yugi 30th anniversary ( Source ) Angelique 30th  anniversary   (Source) Ouran High School Host Club 20th anniversary   (Sources 1 , 2 , 3 & 4 )   Shugo Chara 20th anniversary   ( Sources 1 ,   2  & individual photos ) Neo Angelique 20th anniversary ( Source ) Reverse Harem Garden 19th anniversary Anniversary week is here, and a few exciting surprises are lined up!  Stay tuned! And from this point on... yes, Reverse Harem Garden is older than these titles below. Uta No Prince Sama 15th anniversary (Sources 1 & 2 ) Amnesia 15th anniversary (more icons here ) Arcana Famiglia 14th anniversary ( Source ) Diabolik Lovers 14th Anniversary ( Source ) UPDATED 9/23/2026 Ikemen Sengoku 11th...

All-Time Top Ten Reverse Harem Anime

Hello Wallflowers! I am not going to do a decade in review since I did that already a couple of years ago. but I am loooong overdue for my top 10 anime. I actually made one coincidentally a decade ago but it's a consolidated top 10 of everything from anime, manga and dramas as the titles are fewer back in 2010. I should have done it sooner but it's the nagging feeling that I should finish everything before I can post this. What if there's a hidden gem in my backlog that piled up beginning 2015 (due to pregnancy)?  Fast forward to last year and major life events later, I have finished nine anime in eight months. It felt like forever. And after that, I found out I could actually start the list even without watching the backlog. LOL But the good thing is I was able to finish it and that has put off a lot of guilt feelings from me. I mean who blogs about reverse harem and never watches past the first episode??? Sadly, I don't remember most of the story of the anime...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour, Hana-Kimi Rumored 3rd Season, Roxana Comeback & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Commemorative photo for song: "Aikotoba". Please Excuse My Younger Brothers 2nd Cour anime starts on October 15. The anime premiered on July 3 and will run for 24 episodes. More information on ANN .  (Kinda reverse harem only. Mini-reviews on Patreon.)  The manga is available on Mangaplaza. It also had a live-action movie released in December 2024. Ito is a second-year high school student and an only child who has to move to a different city; her mother remarried and begins her new life as an older sister of 4 siblings! The start of a family-love-comedy with four step-brothers. from S2 According to Sugoi LITE , a third season of Hana-Kimi anime is reportedly in development and scheduled to premiere in 2027. No official confirmation yet....

🌸 Spring Reverse Harem 2025 🌸 (anime, dramas, manga, manhwa, webtoons and light novels)

Hey there, wallflowers! 🌸 Spring is here, and if you're new to Reverse Harem Garden, I also include kinda and unconfirmed reverse harem titles. And I have actually created five different levels of reverse harem and to know more about it, I highly recommend checking out Levels of Reverse Harem after this.  This list will be updated continuously, so stay tuned. Let me know if I missed anything. Happy watching and reading!  And a few disclaimers: There's a separate spring list on Patreon so make sure to check it out. Follow Reverse Harem Garden's socials.   ( Youtube   |   Facebook   |  Twitter   |  Instagram  |  Tiktok  )   Titles that haven’t been reviewed yet are considered unconfirmed reverse harem. Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.   Ko-fi   – If you enjoyed this post, you can support me wi...

🌸 The Bloom Index 🌸~ Levels of Reverse Harem (Updated)

This is the most updated version. Originally created in 2019. See original post .  The Bloom Index is a work in progress and may change arbitrarily. Some titles may also change levels as the story progresses. Drop a flower emoji 🌸 in the comments if you want me to post 'Five Flowers' titles. --Ayreesa Want early access, mini-reviews, and exclusive reverse harem content? Join now on Patreon ! Follow on: Tiktok | Youtube   |   Facebook   | Twitter   | Instagram  

🍂Fall Reverse Harem 2026 🍂 (anime, dramas, manga and more!)

Hello, wallflowers! 🌸 Here’s our Fall Reverse Harem 2026 list! This post will be continuously updated as new titles and releases are announced. Would you still like me to include ongoing manga, manhwa, light novels, and other releases? Let me know in the comments. DISCLAIMERS:  Dates may change, and videos might not be available in all regions. Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/Levels of Reverse Harem.  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Red River anime  2nd cour  Release Date: September 29, 2026 See Manga Review . Anime Mini-reviews on Patreon. Yuri, a pretty Japanese girl, is ecstatic after passing her college entrance exam and having her first kiss with her childhood friend-turned boyfriend. However, her luck soon changes. She starts to notice that water becomes agitated whenever she goes near it. One night, hands appear out of a puddle on the str...

🌸 START HERE 🌸 Reverse Harem Garden: The Ultimate Resource Guide

Welcome to Reverse Harem Garden! 18 years of chronicling the past, present, and future of reverse harem through curation and commentary. Whether you're new to reverse harem or a longtime fan, here's a curated collection of the Garden's most popular guides and recommendations. 🌷The Garden Essentials Reverse Harem Anime 2026 Reverse Harem Dramas 2026 Archive Yearly lineup of titles on Patreon  🍃 Seasonal Guides Winter 2026 Spring 2026 Summer 2026 Fall 2026 Archive 👩‍🌾  Editor's Picks 18 Roses: Top 18 Reverse Harem Anime 18 Candles: Top 18 Reverse Harem Dramas 18 Treasures: Favorite Reverse Harem Reads (2020-2025 Manga, Manhwa, Webtoons & Novels ) 18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me (2007-2019 Manhwa, Manga & Novels) Other Top 10s   🪏 Reverse Harem 101 Intro to Reverse Harem and Reverse Harem Garden  Bloom Index / Levels of Reverse Harem    UPDATED Defining Reverse Harem Through Different Lenses: Reverse Harem Garden's Bloom Index, Jose...

Reverse Harem Freshest News: A Tale of the Secret Saint Anime Main PV & Premiere Date, Please Save My Earth Drama Teaser & More!

  DISCLAIMERS:  Some are not confirmed reverse harem unless reviewed.  Some may fall under 'Kinda Reverse Harem'. See more of Bloom Index/ Levels of Reverse Harem .  As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. more information on official site A Tale of the Secret Saint anime is set to premiere on October 3, 2026. The main PV has also been released. Seven Seas has licensed both the light novel and manga. More information on    ANN . Fia always dreamed of becoming a knight. Born into a family of knights, she's the least talented among them, but she still clutches to her hope and trains with everything she has. When the day comes for her to slay a small demon and prove her worth, she ends up face to face with a dragon instead! A deadly injury makes her life flash before her eyes…and she suddenly remembers her former life, when she was a powerful Saint in a bygone era who defeated the Demon King. That life ended in pain because of who she was, ...

💎18 Gems: Reverse Harem Reads That Shaped Me from 2007-2019 (Manhwa, Manga & Novels)

Hello wallflowers! This is Ayreesa. These 18 titles span 2007–2019 , my ultimate scanlation era . I didn't include series that already have anime adaptations and focused on stories I’ve finished or followed through many volumes. They are arranged in the order I read them. If you are new to reverse harem, treat these as hidden gems of reverse harem, but be warned that some tropes may feel dated or problematic today. This is Part 1 of 4 of Reverse Harem Garden  18th birthday series .  In the Philippines, a debut ball includes dancing with 18 boys who each offer a rose—known as the 18 Roses—and receiving 18 candles and messages from girls. Some even add their own twist with 18 gifts, 18 bills, or even 18 shoes… you get the idea. Some are kinda reverse harem. See Levels of Reverse Harem. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases 1. Hot Gimmick manga by Miki Aihara   Manga Review Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1  https://amzn.to/42fIZIa Hot Gimmick S   https...